Purple Rain – Commission for TIDAL
Purple Rain, 2019, SLS Beverly Hills
An homage to the quintessential album, Purple Rain, Haiiileen designed a is a light installation for TIDAL’s 2019 debut of an unreleased Prince Album.
Internship Programs: Summer/Fall 2020
Join our team!
Haiiileen’s studio is currently seeking college-level interns for the summer and fall periods of 2020. Open positions include Marketing & Social Media, Public Relations, Digital Content, Operations, and Production.
Summer 2020 Application Deadline: April 11, 2020
Fall 2020 Application Deadline: July 26, 2020
Our Internship Programs aim to work with students to help them break barriers by providing real world experiences in a dynamic and continuously evolving environment. Our goal is to provide broad exposure to the art industry through experience, in order for students to develop and explore different career possibilities within the arts. They will have the opportunity to create a professional network, and gain transferable skills through direct application of knowledge gained in the office and studio, as well as in exhibition and production settings.
Due to the nature of our line of business, interns’ roles in their positions will vary on a day to day basis, carrying out administrative duties in addition to specific roles within their assigned position. Interns are a valuable component of our organization as they will play vital supporting roles in their respective areas.
At the end of the internship program, students will have gained administrative, operational, and production skills, as well as a material understanding of the scope of work required to operate professionally in the arts. Through self-reflection, they will have gained more experience in relationship building as well as multitasking.
Our Internship Programs consist of different exposures in the fields of:
- Marketing & Social Media
- Public Relations
- Digital Content
Expected Work Days:
Both part-time to full-time opportunities exist. Intern is expected to work no less than 20 hours per week and no more than 40 hours per week.
Marketing & Social Media Intern Position
Marketing and Social Media interns are responsible for helping with tracking, and maintaining content across Haiiileen’s key social media channels. This role will be instrumental in helping to increase awareness of Haiiileen’s projects, programs and objectives. Interns will learn how to reach communities through relationship building, how to develop strategic content creation through marketing communication, and they will gain valuable experiences with social media analytics.
Social Media Community Management
- Day to day management of all social media platforms
- Assist with electronic and social media marketing/public relations efforts
- Daily engagement with the online community
- Provide support and coverage at live and online events
Social Media Analytics
- Track analytics on a weekly basis
- Analyze and report activity on social media platforms
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Maintain social media & blogging calendar
- Assist in blogging about organization
- Post regularly on different social media channels
- Research relevant articles, resources and other contents
- Assisting in creating, editing and implementing marketing plans
- Assist in office support activities
- Other duties assigned
- Solid understanding of different social networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and GSuite
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Willingness to contribute to the overall operation of Haiiileen’s studio
- Social media savvy
- Extremely organized
Public Relations Intern Position
The Public Relations Intern position is vital in aiding in executing local and national media outreach to promote and increase awareness of Haiiileen’s projects, programs and objectives. Public Relations Interns will also work directly with Marketing & Social Media Interns. They will be responsible for helping to create a long term social media plan and tracking the marketing calendar. They will also assist in creating compelling content such as press releases for all platforms used by Haiiileen. Most importantly interns will gain exposure to many aspects of our organization and many opportunities to exercise and develop their leadership skills through project-based work.
- Assist with developing, writing and distributing approved press releases and other materials as directed
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with both local, national and international community
- Assist with planning and executing special events, if needed
- Tracking all press coverage and creating monthly press hit reports
- Press outreach prior to, during, after publishing of artworks and installations
- Researching industry trends and staying up-to-date on current events
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, grants, and exhibition opportunities on an on-going basis.
- Recognizing target audiences and determine ways to access them
- Compiling Contact Lists
- Assist in office support activities
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Excellent writer
- Eagerness to learn
- Proficient multitasker
- Attention to detail
- Creativity, imagination and initiative
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Digital Content Intern Position
Digital Content Interns will have the opportunity to create, promote and track content for Haiiileen. Their role will help refine and execute content vision for Haiiileens’ projects, programs and objectives.
- Develop and produce storyboards and videos
- Design Logos, Graphics, for emails, newsletters and blogs
- Organize and archive digital images and videos.
- Complete other digital media projects, as well as research projects as assigned
- Photography and Videography
Proficiency in the following software:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
Intermediate skill level in the following software:
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Media Encoder
Operations Intern Position
Operations Interns will be primarily responsible for assisting Haiiileen in the numerous tasks required to produce large art installations, and exhibitions. Operations Interns will assist in completing various tasks to support the development and execution of Haiiileens’ projects, programs and objectives. They will work on different aspects of event planning, such as conducting research for upcoming projects, assist on-site at exhibitions and events and more as directed. They will be hands-on in operation as they learn the ins and outs of installation and exhibition management, as well as production.
- Support the development and execution of physical projects
- Assist in different aspects of production planning
- Assist and support other departments within the organization if needed
- Researching potential sponsors or partners
- Assisting with travel coordination
- Tracking and compiling incoming and outcoming inventory
- studio storage maintenance and organization
- Receiving and unpacking / packing artwork
- Source props and decor
- Ability to work in a deadline sensitive environment
- Required computer skills: Email, Internet, Microsoft Office, and GSuite
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with diverse groups
Editorial Spread Suzi Analogue: Cultured Magazine Print summer 2019
Photo By and environment by Haiiileen
performance art commission by Young at Art Museum
Friday Nov.16th 2018
Mixed-media, Acrylic, LED lighting
Haiii-liiight, “The study of the spectrum of visible light and their wavelength” artist Haiiileen .. hand shaped and painted each individual acrylics sculptures, to create the representation of colors in their light wave patterns. Haiiileen has a focus on the gradient and color theory each individual sculpture to create a hypnotic and mesmerizing display.
Published during III points festival 2019
Young At Art Museum is pleased to present the first solo exhibition of Cuban-American interdisciplinary artist Haiiileen, LightScapes. Featuring three large-scale acrylic light sculptures and a fabrication lab, the exhibition will be on display at the Knight Gallery from November 2nd, 2018 through April 28th, 2019.
In her larger than life sculptures, Haiiileen translates the ideas and concepts brought up by her synesthetic thinking. There is a particular focus on the use of light as a medium in her work, as all of the sculptures in this exhibition manipulate light in a fashion that allows for the creation of what the artist calls a “neo-abstract alternate reality.” Haiiileen’s past works have dealt with taking spaces and creating abstract environments within them that have the ability to translate different perceptions into our reality.
LightScapes will feature a selection of three major acrylic light sculptures and will explore several different educational concepts in an immersive multi-sensory approach aimed towards the youth of the community. In this exhibition, there is a strong emphasis on concepts like color theory, illusions and reflections, and quantum physics in relation to light.
There will be three light sculptures, including the first of its kind, Amaziiing, a maze comprised of marbleized acrylic sheets placed in conjunction with the strategic use of mirrored elements and LED lighting meant for guests to explore. Aqua will also be displayed, consisting of over 30 custom acrylic sculptures and LED lighting that visitors may interact with, creating a sweeping arrangement, further embodying the light theme. The kinetic sculpture, HaiiiMobile, made of over 200 floating custom acrylic elements will be in constant rotation. Visitors can gaze up from a transportive viewing area made of custom reflective beanbags, allowing them to get lost in an illusion of time and space.
This exhibit will also include a fabrication lab focusing on electricity, positive and negative wavelengths, light frequencies, and light theory as an interactive and immersive educational experience.
I am so excited to announce my work will be featured in Locust Project’s annual Smash & Grab Fundraiser on Saturday, October 13, 2018. This year, I will be donating a print from my “Aciiid Palm” series.
There is no other fundraiser quite like this one. The lively event revolves around a raffle, for which over one hundred local, national and international artists have donated artwork — enough so that each raffle ticket is guaranteed to win an artwork. Tickets are drawn at random during the party, with the winner getting their choice of artwork (i.e, first called gets first pick, and so on). The result is a fun way to place artwork into collections, build visibility for artists, connect with Miami’s art community, and support Locust Projects.
Participating artists include: TJ Ahearn, Ahol Sniffs Glue, Dona Altemus, Eddie Arroyo, Carlos Ascurra and Emma Lügner, Lorna Samara Ash, Amy Bagwell, Maria Barbist, Beki Basch, Loriel Beltran, Johanna Boccardo, Kelly Breez, Todd Brittingham, Lujan Candria, Paola Cassola, Leo Castaneda, Robert Chambers, Westen Charles, Pablo Contrisciani, Dinorah de Jesús Rodríguez, Juan Manuel Delgado, Ivan Toth Depena, Gianna DiBartolomeo, Morel Doucet, Melissa Eder, Sheila Elias, Joana Fischer, Alejandro Franco, Martha Friedman, Gonzalo Fuenmayor, Lorna Galloway, Lynne Golob, Twyla Gettert, Angel Garcia, Liam Gillick, Kate Gilmore, Nick Gilmore, GeoVanna Gonzalez, Felice Grodin, Adler Guerrier, Haiiileen, Richard Haley, Jason Hedges, Sarah Henderson, Marvin Hernández, David Hicks, CYJO, Audrey Hynes, Carol Jazzar, Regina Jestrow, Jennifer Johnson, Kiyoshi Kaneshiro, Phillip Karp, Yasmin Khalaf, Mary Larsen, jc lenochan, Joshua Levine, Jennifer Levonian, Francesco Lo Castro, Michael Loveland, Pepe Mar, Laura Marsh, Christin Paige Minnotte, Beatriz Monteavaro, Najja Moon, Michael Muench, Jenene Nagy, Peggy Levison Nolan, Alex Nuñez, Edison Peñafiel, Alisa Ptchenik Charles, Michelle Lisa Polissaint, Virginia Poundstone, Karen Rifas, Carlos Rigau, Leyden Rodriguez-Casanova, Rosemarie Romero, Silvia Ros, Nicole, Anastasia Samoylova, Tom Scicluna, Onajide Shabaka, Alette Simmons-Jimenez, Phillip Smith, Alan Solorzano, Meredyth Sparks, TM Sisters, Frances Trombly, Typoe, Simón Vega, Tom Virgin, We Are Nice’n Easy, Hannah Whitaker, Elizabeth Withstandley, Agustina Woodgate, Antonia Wright